Sunday, May 31, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside

The furnace kicked in again a little while ago keeping a cold, damp evening at bay. It may be June tomorrow but we had frost this morning followed by gloomy skies and rain. Most of the plants that wintered inside that I'd moved to the garage and then to the back deck and front walk went back into the garage last night. And the potted banana came into the dining room for what hopefully will be a short stay.

The shuffle is nothing new, but it does tend to make one grumpy. Schlepping potted plants from one location to another to avoid cold damage or worse tries one's patience. But then I remember the exuberant, fragrant, colorful, amazing plants I enjoy all summer and, well, what I can do but grab another couple of pots and tuck them in behind my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment