Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Today. Bottled.

Today was one of those days that I need to keep with me. It was the kind of day I need to remember when everything just seems so grim. The day was special because of its simplicity.

Brian and I spent nearly all day in the garden. The weather was cool and gray; the neighborhood was quiet. I worked in the front yard; he was in the back. We were united in working the soil, but still had our own space. While he prepped the vegetable beds and planted potatoes, I weeded and edged the bed of ornamentals in the center of the lawn. There is something incredibly satisfying about getting the grass out of the sedum. And creating a sharp line between lawn and perennials. And knowing that (knock on wood) we'll be enjoying at least 10 varieties of potatoes next fall and winter.

Today was one of those days that I wish I could bottle and always have on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment